- Role: Product designer
- Location: Remote (US and Canada)
- Full time
The average business today uses nearly a hundred different SaaS tools, and people spend way too much time moving information between tools to understand their data and share their ideas. At Plus, we're building an easier way to capture, see, and share information across different sources — without having to worry about APIs and integrations.
Our investors include Madrona, Positive Sum, and founders and CEOs of companies like Auth0, Evernote, Qumulo, Rec Room, and Smartsheet.
About the Role
As an early designer at Plus, you will be responsible for contributing to and maintaining the design system that powers our product. You're passionate about visual design and creating functional components that combine to create intuitive software. You're early in your career and are excited to learn from experienced software creators. You'll work closely with our founding team and have plenty of access to our customers, investors, and advisors. You'll also wear many hats and contribute directly to our team's culture, processes, and norms.
- Research and audit similar products to find useful conventions that will inform our design system
- Iterate upon components to find the implementations that work best for our product
- Contribute to our design system by thoughtfully constructing components that can be easily reused in a variety of contexts
- Work with design and product leadership to refine the visual and motion design of the product
What we're looking for
- Experience in a professional software design environment, ideally at an early stage company
- Experience working with a design system in a professional software design environment
- Strong visual and motion design skills. Ideally, you'll be familiar with Figma and a more robust prototyping tool such as Principle, Origami, Framer, After Effects, etc.
- Understanding of design patterns and technical limitations for the web. Our primary interface is a desktop web app.
- Strong communication skills
- Top quartile salary and option grants, no matter where you live or decide to move
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- High autonomy and trust environment. You're accountable for results, not hours
- Remote-first team norms that balance real time and async collaboration
- We expect everyone to take 3-4 weeks of vacation a year, but we're not keeping track
- Remote work stipend for your home office or a co-working space
- Monthly stipend to outsource tasks that are not a good use of your time
At Plus, we're actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or veteran status.
If you're excited about Plus, we encourage you to reach out even if there isn't an open role that feels like a perfect fit.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a couple of sentences about yourself, and anything else you think might be relevant (e.g., a link to your Github or portfolio).
We will review and respond to every single application within one business day (unless we're on vacation, in which case we'll let you know).