The average business today uses nearly a hundred different SaaS tools, and people spend way too much time moving information between tools to understand their data and share their ideas. At Plus, we're building an easier way to capture, see, and share information across different sources — without having to worry about APIs and integrations.
Our investors include Madrona, Positive Sum, and founders and CEOs of companies like Auth0, Evernote, Plaid, Smartsheet, and Zapier.
Read more about working at Plus in our Key Values profile.
About the Role
As an early engineer at Plus, you will be responsible for shaping, building, launching, and maintaining customer-facing features and products. You're an experienced engineer who is excited about delivering high quality features to customers quickly and frequently. You'll work closely with our founding team and have plenty of access to our customers, investors, and advisors. You'll also wear many hats and contribute directly to our team's culture, processes, and norms.
- Implement end-to-end customer-facing features in our web app and browser extension
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineers on planning and feature scoping
- Contribute to our team's culture and processes and participate in hiring
What we're looking for
- Experience shipping features as a fullstack or frontend developer using React and Node.js
- Strong intuition for design and a high, detail-oriented bar for user experiences
- Ability to work autonomously, including the ability to identify and ask open questions that impact your work
- Experimentation mindset and comfort operating in an ambiguous environment
Examples of what you'll work on
- Building new features across our entire product, such as improved capture experiences, better ways to manage team content, and improvements to our “Page” editor (a React-powered, Canvas-rendered slide editor)
- Creating a standardized component system shared across our entire product, built from one codebase for multiple targets (such as a web app, browser extension, and third-party add-ons)
- Implementing integrations with other communication and productivity tools, so our customers can easily share content created in Plus
Our tech stack
- React, Apollo
- Tailwind CSS
- GraphQL API with Node.js, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL
- Top quartile salary and option grants, no matter where you live or decide to move
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- High autonomy and trust environment. You're accountable for results, not hours
- Remote-first team norms that balance real time and async collaboration
- We expect everyone to take 3-4 weeks of vacation a year, but we're not keeping track
- Remote work stipend for your home office or a co-working space
- Monthly stipend to outsource tasks that are not a good use of your time
At Plus, we're actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or veteran status.
If you're excited about Plus, we encourage you to reach out even if there isn't an open role that feels like a perfect fit.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, how you learned about us, a couple of sentences about yourself, and anything else you think might be relevant (e.g., a link to your Github or portfolio).
We will review and respond to every single application within one business day (unless we're on vacation, in which case we'll let you know).