The average business today uses nearly a hundred different SaaS tools, and people spend way too much time moving information between tools to understand their data and share their ideas. At Plus, we're building an easier way to capture, see, and share information across different sources — without having to worry about APIs and integrations.
Our investors include Madrona, Positive Sum, and founders and CEOs of companies like Auth0, Evernote, Plaid, Smartsheet, and Zapier.
Read more about working at Plus in our Key Values profile.
About the role
As an early engineer at Plus, you will be responsible for shaping, architecting, building, and maintaining backend APIs, services, and systems. You're an experienced technical leader who is excited about designing, implementing and owning new systems. You'll work closely with our founding team to shape our technical strategy and roadmap. You'll also wear many hats and contribute directly to our team's culture, processes, and norms.
- Architect, implement, and maintain scalable backend services
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineers to shape the technical roadmap and make implementation decisions
- Model engineering best practices, provide mentorship, and participate in hiring and onboarding
What we're looking for
- Experience leading the direction, design, and implementation of complex systems from the ground up
- Familiarity with Node.js, SQL databases (such as MySQL or Postgres), and AWS services
- Deep understanding of data design and modelling
- Ability to understand and communicate long term impacts of complex technical decisions
- Experimentation mindset and comfort with making tradeoffs between moving fast and doing things right
Examples of what you'll work on
- Architecting database models and business logic for a role-based access control system
- Creating a notification and scheduled message system to push content to other communication tools, e.g., using AWS SNS services
- Improving the reliability of our automated snapshots system
- Building out future backend services as new features are developed.
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node.js
- Prisma, Postgres, AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway v2, CloudFront, CloudFormation, S3, etc..
- Top quartile salary and option grants, no matter where you live or decide to move
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- High autonomy and trust environment. You're accountable for results, not hours
- Remote-first team norms that balance real time and async collaboration
- We expect everyone to take 3-4 weeks of vacation a year, but we're not keeping track
- Remote work stipend for your home office or a co-working space
- Monthly stipend to outsource tasks that are not a good use of your time
At Plus, we're actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or veteran status.
If you're excited about Plus, we encourage you to reach out even if there isn't an open role that feels like a perfect fit.
Email us at email@example.com with your resume, how you learned about us, a couple of sentences about yourself, and anything else you think might be relevant (e.g., a link to your Github or portfolio).
We will review and respond to every single application within one business day (unless we're on vacation, in which case we'll let you know).