The average business today uses nearly a hundred different SaaS tools, and people spend way too much time moving information between tools to understand their data and share their ideas. At Plus, we're building an easier way to capture, see, and share information across different sources — without having to worry about APIs and integrations.
Our investors include Madrona, Positive Sum, and founders and CEOs of companies like Auth0, Evernote, Plaid, Smartsheet, and Zapier.
Read more about working at Plus in our Key Values profile.
About the Role
As a technical owner for "Snapshots", you will be responsible for researching, building, and optimizing the most critical component of our product. You will experiment with and develop new techniques related to authentication, authorization, and browser automation. You'll work closely with our founding team to shape our roadmap and company strategy. You'll also wear many hats and contribute directly to our team's culture, processes, and norms.
- Explore and implement different approaches for authentication and browser automation to develop customer-facing solutions
- Collaborate closely with the founding team to shape product and company strategy. How we implement snapshots has implications not only our product roadmap, but also go-to-market timelines, partnership strategy, etc.
- Advise on and participate in hiring. Mentor and coach other engineers
What we're looking for
- Technical leadership experience, ideally in an early stage or highly ambiguous environment
- Deep understanding of web authentication and authorization techniques or browser automation technology
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions that balance shipping quickly, delivering quality solutions, and longer term product aspirations
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to advise non-technical audiences on company-level tradeoffs and decisions
Examples of what you'll work on
- Architecting solutions for automating reliable screenshot captures of web content behind authorization gates
- Exploring and implementing action recording via a browser extension so we can replicate user interactions prior to content capture
- Building solutions for content capture, interpretation, and change detection using techniques like DOM-scraping and computer vision
- Developing unique approaches for app authentication and authorization, and ensuring we can securely store and manage sensitive user data
Our tech stack
- React, Apollo
- Tailwind CSS
- GraphQL API with Node.js, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL
- AWS Lambda
- Top quartile salary and option grants, no matter where you live or decide to move
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- High autonomy and trust environment. You're accountable for results, not hours
- Remote-first team norms that balance real time and async collaboration
- We expect everyone to take 3-4 weeks of vacation a year, but we're not keeping track
- Remote work stipend for your home office or a co-working space
- Monthly stipend to outsource tasks that are not a good use of your time
At Plus, we're actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or veteran status.
If you're excited about Plus, we encourage you to reach out even if there isn't an open role that feels like a perfect fit.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, how you learned about us, a couple of sentences about yourself, and anything else you think might be relevant (e.g., a link to your Github or portfolio).
We will review and respond to every single application within one business day (unless we're on vacation, in which case we'll let you know).