Marketing strategy template for restaurants
This presentation is an example of a social media marketing strategy for a restaurant. Here is the structure of the presentation:
- Overview of Dan Dan Noodles, a quick-service noodle restaurant
- Overview of TikTok and why it is a good marketing platform for Dan Dan Noodles
- Target audience on TikTok
- TikTok content strategy
- User-generated content
- TikTok trends
- Interactive challenges
- Target marketing KPIs
- Case study
Business and TikTok overview
Depending on the audience for your marketing strategy presentation, it may be helpful to provide an overview of your business or your proposed marketing channel. If someone is less familiar with your company or less familiar with a platform like TikTok, it can help to make sure everyone is starting the discussion with a grounded understanding of the basics.
Before presenting the specific content ideas for the marketing strategy, this presentation highlights the key demographic that Dan Dan Noodles is attempting to reach, both overall, and specifically with this TikTok marketing campaign.
The core of this presentation is walking the audience through the three core content pillars of the TikTok marketing. First, there is one slide with an overview of the types of content and then backup slides for each core content type going into details and specifics around implementation.
KPIs and metrics
While it's nearly impossible difficult to predict with 100% accuracy the impact of any marketing campaign, it's helpful to set goals at the start so that you can measure your performance and understand where and why you overperformed or underperformed. In this case, Dan Dan Noodles is aiming to reach a certain engagement level and number of views on their short form video content.
This presentation ends with one specific example of how another brand, Chipotle, was able to successfully reach millions of viewers on TikTok. This is a helpful way to bring the strategy into the real world and demonstrate what this project could actually look like on a day-to-day basis (not just from a high-level strategic perspective).
How to improve this marketing strategy
Here are some ideas on how you might improve on this marketing strategy:
- Make the strategy more specific for your geographic market (e.g., suburbs of Chicago)
- Make the strategy more specific for one type of marketing channel (e.g., SEO strategy or TikTok strategy)
- Add detail and backup slides about your existing data and metrics (particularly around customer demographics and customer usage patterns)
- Find benchmarks and references to competitors and similar companies to see how your marketing metrics compare
Generate a restaurant marketing strategy with AI
Using an AI tool like Plus AI is a powerful way to quickly create a first draft of a strategy presentation. Here are some example prompts you can use in Plus AI to craft your next marketing strategy:
- Create an Google reviews strategy to promote my Italian fine-dining restaurant
- Create a marketing presentation for my restaurant that I can show to potential influencer partners
- Help me create a weekly social media plan for my healthy salad food truck. Our target customer is busy office workers in downtown Miami